hoppingbird

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

sleepless

it's about 4:30am right now and i can't sleep. very frustrating, but at least Ferris Bueller is on tv for the millionth time. being asleep right now would be a lot better than being awake, but i feel like it's a little out of my hands right now...maybe it's my new mattress, which i've been debating about since it was delivered last friday...now, i am determined to exchange it for a different one -- one that doesn't feel like i'm trying to get rest on a two by four.

my new computer finally arrived!! i'm using it right now. i like it a whole lot more than cary liked his apple when he first got it, though there were some frustrating moments when i was setting up the airport express base station. for some reason, the 50th time i tried the same thing, it just started to work. go figure.

i'm getting more used to my new apartment. i have a few bruises on my legs from bumping into random things, but i'm getting the hang of it here. my new couch (!) comes on thursday, which i'm very excited about. what i'm getting more and more nervous about is starting school soon. i can't believe that it's now wednesday, and on saturday i have my first orientation event (an overnight camping trip with 100 of my new classmates). exciting, and kinda scary. one day soon i'll actually be using that reflex hammer on someone other than myself (maybe the bruises i have on my knees are from testing my own reflexes), and i'll finally see what it looks like up someone's nose.

do you think that i can't sleep because i'm reading Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers before bed? Cary told me last night that cadavers are totally unscary, and that zombies are the things to be afraid of.

any more ideas out there for naming the med school blog?



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home